Need for Simulator for IoT
With the help of the IoT Simulator thousands of IoT sensors, gateways and connected device undergo real world lab test. Generally, for covering all the protocols required by the IoT applications suite of simulators is required. There are many applications of the simulator which is why it is widely used across many IT firms.
- It helps in testing the scalability by comparing thousands of sensors, thus quick development and testing facilitated.
- With these simulators, marketing can be enhanced with powerful live show set ups.
- The sales can be pushed to individual or customer centric environment using the simulator suite.
- The simulator can create a smart city or smart factory with implementation of real time testing.
Connecting thousands of device in network
With network simulation it is possible to connect multiple devices and route them to a single network. With the IOS Simulator, it is possible to simulate over 100,000 devices to a single workstation. The devices can be distributed to multiple workstations with the simulation. Most of them are supported and certified by Cisco IOS software. Connecting the devices through the simulator enables testing of hundreds of applications. The simulator comprises of a complete suite that enables simulation of complete network, capture snapshots to figure out the behaviour of devices on network, manipulation of simulations, create topology etc.
Simulation is necessary
In computer networking or IT fields, simulation is an important aspect in order to understand the behaviour of the network through the connected devices and help run real time tests. The network behaviour, associated applications and services thus can be observed in a test tab and thus any changes required can be modified in the lab in a controlled and efficient manner. Simulators help in decoding the model describing the network connections like nodes, routers, switches etc and events including data transmissions. Various applications of network simulators are as given below.
- Understanding the topology of the network with precise information of nodes and links between them.
- Test and find the flow of application between nodes.
- It is affordable way to analyse the network and works great with enterprise, data centres, companies etc.
- It helps in evaluation of protocol and design network with faults through real time testing.